X Men: Days of Future Past

Discuss movies (including free films)
RickyRaj
The Sixth Sense
The Sixth Sense
Old post count: 0
Preferred Cinemas: Vue West End, Cineworld Haymarket, Finchley Road, Odeon West End, Odeon Leicester Square, Cineworld Shaftesbury Avenue, Odeon Panton Street, Holloway, West India Quays or anywhere in central London.
I haven't got tickets for: Any

Re: X Men: Days of Future Past

#31 Post by RickyRaj » Tue May 27, 2014 10:46 am

RAZORBACK wrote:Although I didn't think this was quite as good as 'First Class' it was still very enjoyable indeed.

Thought that they did a good job of combining the original story with what had occurred in the other X-Men movies and tidied things up quite nicely in terms of moving forward.

Overall it gets an 8/10 from me & I just hope that Quicksilver gets more screen time next time around as his scenes really did stand head & shoulders above everything else...
Agree, not as good as First Class but worth watching 7/10. Was expecting more action to be honest.
Preferred Cinemas: Vue West End, Cineworld Haymarket, Finchley Rd, Odeon West End, Odeon Leicester Square, Cineworld Shaftesbury Ave, Odeon Panton St, Holloway Rd, West India Quays or anywhere in central London.

Tinpar

#32 Post by Tinpar » Wed May 28, 2014 8:45 pm

Loved this movie and so did the rest of the family... :)

caitlinmorton

#33 Post by caitlinmorton » Wed Jun 04, 2014 1:36 am

I really enjoyed it, stay til the very end though! I'm excited to find out what's in store for the next film!

And of course, always love my girl Jennifer Lawrence!

seven77

#34 Post by seven77 » Fri Jun 06, 2014 9:38 pm

Seemless, great script, cast, action....loved it

Yinster
Prediction Master
Prediction Master
Preferred Cinemas: Glasgow, Edinburgh and anything in between

#35 Post by Yinster » Sun Jun 08, 2014 9:17 pm

WEnt on a Saturday afternoon and it was full. Loved it even though the future characters didn't have much to do, it was still good. Use a voucher so it was free!
Member 88 of 100 free films in 2017 - 2 seen
Member 88 of 100 free films in 2016 - 8 seen
Member 88 of 100 free films in 2015 - 27 seen
Member 88 of 100 free films in 2014 - 47 seen
]Member 88 of 100 free films in 2013 - 82 seen
Member 88 of 100 free films in 2012 - 62 seen
Preference of cinemas:- 1. Glasgow Renfield Street Cineworld, 2. Glasgow Showcase, 3. Braehead Odeon, 4. Vue Fort, 5 Glasgow Springfield Quay, 5. any other cinema in Glasgow area including Hamilton
Also Falkirk, Dunfermline and Stirling but these are rarely used for free previews.

canadian_turtle
9 1/2 Weeks
9 1/2 Weeks
Preferred Cinemas: Wood Green, Islington, West End/Soho, Camden, Holloway, Hackney

#36 Post by canadian_turtle » Wed Jun 11, 2014 5:46 pm

I saw this ages ago at the Mountain Dew screening but forgot to post about it! I really enjoyed it, especially the addition of Quicksilver. He was brilliant and I'm not sure how the Avengers film is going to top that version of the character. I did think some of the other characters were underused (particular those in the future) but I've been told many will reappear in the X Force film so I guess this was just a way for setting it up.

In short though: Loved it. Young and old Xavier/Magneto were both excellent and I am stoked about the ending and what this means for the X-men universe. 9/10

My one gripe is that we didn't get to see the extra scene at the end of the credits as they cut it off prematurely, but in return we did get Mountain Dew, Empire mag, popcorn, chocolates and green screen photos.

9/10
:star: www.pagetostagereviews.com :star:

Cinemas in order of preference: West End/Central London, Wood Green, Islington, Finchley Road
• (32/2014, 81/2013, 95/2012, 76/2011)

raj101
8 1/2
8 1/2
Preferred Cinemas: kingston, wimbledon, wandsworth, fulham

#37 Post by raj101 » Thu Jun 12, 2014 10:27 am

incredibly, a movie that manages to be First Class 2, Xmen 4 and Wolverine 3 in one neat and positively glowing package, and yet its made by Singer!. Clearly that Singer chap has developed a lot as a film maker since Xmen 1. I would have been happy if this movie had run an extra hour or two, though the ending is finer and better balanced than any other x(wo)men film so far. Speaking of which, theres some deliberate loose ending debris in the direction of Mystique, so her solo film must be an an inevitability now. One thing I don't get -how come Mystique is so good at fighting? I know she knows martial arts but she drops multiple marines with utter ease, seems a bit much though its well cool.

ok, so obvious plot holes and improbabilities abound but in a mutie movie that's gotta be acceptable.
fav 5 films of the year - Tenet, Bill n Ted 3, Invisible Man, JoJo Rabbit, ?