IT Help, Please

Chat about anything
Post Reply
Message
Author
User avatar
ISMADDER
The Fifth Element
The Fifth Element
Posts: 569
Joined: Sat Jun 20, 2009 4:42 pm
Old post count: 0
Preferred Cinemas: Northampton VUE, Northampton Cineworld, Kettering Odeon, Milton Keynes Cineworld & Odeon, Leicester Showcase

Re: IT Help, Please

#1011 Post by ISMADDER » Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:50 pm

reboot computer in safe mode and retry

User avatar
martadelas
Phase IV
Phase IV
Posts: 327
Joined: Wed Nov 14, 2012 6:10 pm
Old post count: 0
Preferred Cinemas: Stratford, O2, Greenwich Odeon, West End, Islington on work days
Location: London

Re: IT Help, Please

#1012 Post by martadelas » Tue Feb 19, 2013 4:57 pm

Octopus wrote:I just received a USB cable for my mp3 / external driver. When I connect my devices up to the computer, they turn on, but then they don't appear on my computer. I can't find them anywhere... help : (

edit: when I connect my mp3 it keeps turning on, saying 'low battery, shutting down', turning off, and then... doing it again and again!

This is a lay person's thinking, but I would try to check my device(s) on another computer, to know for sure it/they/USB hub are not at fault.
Tomorrow Is a Latter Day

Octopus

Re: IT Help, Please

#1013 Post by Octopus » Tue Feb 19, 2013 5:01 pm

I've had these devices since 2008, they're working on other computers and with other cables... that's why it really annoys me.
And I restarted my computer already - I won't go in the safe mode as the last time I had to, I had to send it to... Angel Laptops. Because my computer decided to die.

User avatar
ISMADDER
The Fifth Element
The Fifth Element
Posts: 569
Joined: Sat Jun 20, 2009 4:42 pm
Old post count: 0
Preferred Cinemas: Northampton VUE, Northampton Cineworld, Kettering Odeon, Milton Keynes Cineworld & Odeon, Leicester Showcase

Re: IT Help, Please

#1014 Post by ISMADDER » Tue Feb 19, 2013 5:24 pm

when was the last time your devices works you could roll back to weeks

User avatar
ISMADDER
The Fifth Element
The Fifth Element
Posts: 569
Joined: Sat Jun 20, 2009 4:42 pm
Old post count: 0
Preferred Cinemas: Northampton VUE, Northampton Cineworld, Kettering Odeon, Milton Keynes Cineworld & Odeon, Leicester Showcase

Re: IT Help, Please

#1015 Post by ISMADDER » Tue Feb 19, 2013 5:26 pm

what version of windows are you on

Octopus

Re: IT Help, Please

#1016 Post by Octopus » Tue Feb 19, 2013 5:46 pm

Windows Vista 2007 and I used them last December... these information won't help, everything works fine (computer, devices) and has worked fine so far, it surely comes from the cable.

mastersham

Re: IT Help, Please

#1017 Post by mastersham » Tue Feb 19, 2013 5:50 pm

if you are not happy with IE8 then why not just go back to IE7 , i downloaded new versions of firefox and did not like the new features or how it worked and simply went back to the one i did prefer.

make sure to uninstall it first , from the control panel , add remove programs
if you wish to do this method

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download ... .aspx?id=2

good luck anyway

User avatar
jcolombi
The Sixth Sense
The Sixth Sense
Posts: 1020
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2011 3:46 pm
Old post count: 0
Preferred Cinemas: Coventry, Birmingham, Leamington
Location: Coventry

Re: IT Help, Please

#1018 Post by jcolombi » Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:05 pm

Right i's not really help that I need it's more of a question?

What temperature should my laptop be running at?

When I browsing the internet it is like 50-55 degrees, but when I go on youtube it is 60, is this right? What temp should my laptop be?
A horse walks into a bar and the bartender asks, "Why the long face?"


A pony walks into the bar and whispers, "I'll have a beer, please." The barkeeper asks, "Why are you whispering?".
"I'm a little hoarse."

User avatar
Celini
8 1/2
8 1/2
Posts: 5590
Joined: Sun Feb 21, 2010 2:09 pm
Old post count: 0
Preferred Cinemas: Any central London locations, Islington, Holloway (plus Hackney, Clapham and Greenwich on weekends)

Re: IT Help, Please

#1019 Post by Celini » Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:26 pm

that's pretty average ;)
My 2014 Unlimited Films: 11/100

User avatar
jcolombi
The Sixth Sense
The Sixth Sense
Posts: 1020
Joined: Tue Nov 01, 2011 3:46 pm
Old post count: 0
Preferred Cinemas: Coventry, Birmingham, Leamington
Location: Coventry

Re: IT Help, Please

#1020 Post by jcolombi » Tue Feb 19, 2013 8:27 pm

Celini wrote:that's pretty average ;)
Ok cool, I'm gonna get some compressed air though!
A horse walks into a bar and the bartender asks, "Why the long face?"


A pony walks into the bar and whispers, "I'll have a beer, please." The barkeeper asks, "Why are you whispering?".
"I'm a little hoarse."

Post Reply