New Year's Eve
-
beardy2
- The Third Man

- Posts: 128
- Joined: Mon Aug 01, 2011 5:58 pm
- Old post count: 0
- Preferred Cinemas: Wimbledon, Kingston
- I have tickets for: Entourage
- Location: Sutton
Re: New Year's Eve
Yeah, it was definitely a sub-par Love Actually (even more sub-part than Valentine's Day.) I don't mind romantic comedies which understand that they're just romantic comedies, but I'm not a fan of "see, we've realised an essential truth about the human condition!" It took itself a bit too seriously!
- Beate
- The Modfather (& Three-Time Prediction Master!)

- Posts: 22013
- Joined: Fri Jun 19, 2009 4:26 pm
- Old post count: 6588
- Preferred Cinemas: West India Quay, Greenwich, Surrey Quays + Central London (Vue Islington, Apollo, Odeon Covent Garden, Cine Haymarket, Leicester Sq/West End)
- Location: London
- Contact:
Re: New Year's Eve
http://www.totalfilm.com/reviews/cinema/new-year-s-eve
New Year’s Eve comes at you like a silly drunk demanding a hug.
New Year’s Eve comes at you like a silly drunk demanding a hug.
- Beate
- The Modfather (& Three-Time Prediction Master!)

- Posts: 22013
- Joined: Fri Jun 19, 2009 4:26 pm
- Old post count: 6588
- Preferred Cinemas: West India Quay, Greenwich, Surrey Quays + Central London (Vue Islington, Apollo, Odeon Covent Garden, Cine Haymarket, Leicester Sq/West End)
- Location: London
- Contact:
-
opas
- Phase IV

- Posts: 495
- Joined: Sat Jun 20, 2009 11:29 am
- Old post count: 157
- Preferred Cinemas: Central London (All West End), East London (WIQ, Stratford), North London (Islington), South East London (Greenwich, Surrey Quays), Cineworld Ilford and West London (Shepherds Bush, Whiteleys)
Re: New Year's Eve
I absolutely hated Valentine's Day so I didn't have high hopes for this. Just as well as it couldn't disappoint. There is something to be said for going to a film will little or no expectations. I can now say that it wasn't as bad as I expected.
I barely recognised Michelle Pfeiffer and while I found her 'story' slightly strange, it was a lot better that some of the other tales being told. Wasn't convinced by Sarah Jessica Parker. Was Ashton Kutcher reprising his role from Valentines Day? - I wasn't sure if they were trying to make a clever connection there, but I have erased Valentines Day from my memory so found it difficult to spot if it was the same character.
However, that all being said, it was ok viewing and I liked the outakes. 5.5/10. I have definitely seen worse (and better thankfully) this year.
I barely recognised Michelle Pfeiffer and while I found her 'story' slightly strange, it was a lot better that some of the other tales being told. Wasn't convinced by Sarah Jessica Parker. Was Ashton Kutcher reprising his role from Valentines Day? - I wasn't sure if they were trying to make a clever connection there, but I have erased Valentines Day from my memory so found it difficult to spot if it was the same character.
However, that all being said, it was ok viewing and I liked the outakes. 5.5/10. I have definitely seen worse (and better thankfully) this year.
Member No. 16 of the "100 free films in 2016" club
3 seen / 97 to go
41 films seen in 2015, 55 films seen in 2013, 72 free films seen in 2012
60 free films seen in 2011, 57 free films seen in 2010
51 free films seen in 2009, 47 free films seen in 2008
3 seen / 97 to go
41 films seen in 2015, 55 films seen in 2013, 72 free films seen in 2012
60 free films seen in 2011, 57 free films seen in 2010
51 free films seen in 2009, 47 free films seen in 2008
Re: New Year's Eve
James King (critic) gave it 1/5
Late 2011 - new to free cinema n theatre going!!!
Rock Of Ages, The Passenger ENO, Castor & Pollux ENO, 13, Houdini Experience, Hay Fever, Kings Speech, Noises Off, Duchess Of Malfi, Travelling Light, Sunshine Boys x2, Eric & Little Ern, I Can't Sing.
Zen 3d, Drive, Real Steel, Footloose, Tomboy, Paranormal A. 3, J.English, Machine Gun P., The Help, 50:50, Alvin & Chipmunks:Chipwrecked, New Year's Eve, The Artist, Shame, War Horse, Young Adult, This Means War, Exotic Marigold Hotel, Titanic 3D, The Muppets, Cabin in the Woods, Headhunters, Avengers Assemble, The Raid, Safe, Red Tails, Fast Girls, Angels Share, Rock Of Ages, My Brother the Devil, Quartet, The Hobbit: U. Journey. The Big Wedding, World's End, Frozen Ground, Kick Ass 2, You're Next, Insidious 1 & 2, Bad Grandpa
Also Westlife @ o2, Scissor Sisters @ Sandown, Chas n Dave @Indigo2
Best freebie was Tony Bennett @ Itunes Festival 2010!! (A real showman --- FAB)
Rock Of Ages, The Passenger ENO, Castor & Pollux ENO, 13, Houdini Experience, Hay Fever, Kings Speech, Noises Off, Duchess Of Malfi, Travelling Light, Sunshine Boys x2, Eric & Little Ern, I Can't Sing.
Zen 3d, Drive, Real Steel, Footloose, Tomboy, Paranormal A. 3, J.English, Machine Gun P., The Help, 50:50, Alvin & Chipmunks:Chipwrecked, New Year's Eve, The Artist, Shame, War Horse, Young Adult, This Means War, Exotic Marigold Hotel, Titanic 3D, The Muppets, Cabin in the Woods, Headhunters, Avengers Assemble, The Raid, Safe, Red Tails, Fast Girls, Angels Share, Rock Of Ages, My Brother the Devil, Quartet, The Hobbit: U. Journey. The Big Wedding, World's End, Frozen Ground, Kick Ass 2, You're Next, Insidious 1 & 2, Bad Grandpa
Also Westlife @ o2, Scissor Sisters @ Sandown, Chas n Dave @Indigo2
Best freebie was Tony Bennett @ Itunes Festival 2010!! (A real showman --- FAB)
- Beate
- The Modfather (& Three-Time Prediction Master!)

- Posts: 22013
- Joined: Fri Jun 19, 2009 4:26 pm
- Old post count: 6588
- Preferred Cinemas: West India Quay, Greenwich, Surrey Quays + Central London (Vue Islington, Apollo, Odeon Covent Garden, Cine Haymarket, Leicester Sq/West End)
- Location: London
- Contact:
Re: New Year's Eve
LOL, those 1 star reviews are hilarious. Here's another one:
http://rogerebert.suntimes.com/apps/pbc ... /111209990
http://rogerebert.suntimes.com/apps/pbc ... /111209990
-
bonnybon
- You Only Live Twice

- Posts: 58
- Joined: Tue Oct 25, 2011 3:57 pm
- Old post count: 0
- Preferred Cinemas: East London/Central London/Essex
- I have tickets for: What To Expect WYE
Re: New Year's Eve
Seems this film is being trashed left, right and centre. Those calling it the worst film of the year clearly have not seen Adam Sandler's latest offering: Jack and Jill.
Film Quote of the week: "It's amazing how quickly time moves. Just yesterday, I thought I loved her, but now, I don't even care about her at all." (Little Manhattan)
Preferred Cinemas: 02 Greenwich, Westfield Stratford, Ilford Cineworld, WIQ
Preferred Cinemas: 02 Greenwich, Westfield Stratford, Ilford Cineworld, WIQ
- Beate
- The Modfather (& Three-Time Prediction Master!)

- Posts: 22013
- Joined: Fri Jun 19, 2009 4:26 pm
- Old post count: 6588
- Preferred Cinemas: West India Quay, Greenwich, Surrey Quays + Central London (Vue Islington, Apollo, Odeon Covent Garden, Cine Haymarket, Leicester Sq/West End)
- Location: London
- Contact:
Re: New Year's Eve
Maybe not, but I enjoy posting them nevertheless:
http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/film/revi ... -review.do
http://www.thisislondon.co.uk/film/revi ... -review.do
- elski
- 9 1/2 Weeks

- Posts: 14287
- Joined: Fri Jun 19, 2009 6:47 pm
- Old post count: 1223
- Location: Sheffield/London
Re: New Year's Eve
from the guardian for the review collection
http://www.guardian.co.uk/film/2011/dec ... ilm-review
http://www.guardian.co.uk/film/2011/dec ... ilm-review
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Member No. 25 of the "100 free films in 2017" club! 195 films seen!!
List: http://www.fmuk.org.uk/forum/viewtopic. ... 10#p386907
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Member No. 25 of the "100 free films in 2016" club! 170 seen!
List: http://www.fmuk.org.uk/forum/viewtopic. ... 59#p375395
2015 -210 films seen! List: http://www.fmuk.org.uk/forum/viewtopic. ... 20#p354785
2014 - 178 films seen! List: http://www.fmuk.org.uk/forum/viewtopic. ... 20#p321617
2013 - 104 films seen!
2012 - 103 films seen
2011 - 110 films seen
2010 - 82 films seen
2009 - 72 films seen
2008 - 41 films seen
Member No. 25 of the "100 free films in 2017" club! 195 films seen!!
List: http://www.fmuk.org.uk/forum/viewtopic. ... 10#p386907
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Member No. 25 of the "100 free films in 2016" club! 170 seen!
List: http://www.fmuk.org.uk/forum/viewtopic. ... 59#p375395
2015 -210 films seen! List: http://www.fmuk.org.uk/forum/viewtopic. ... 20#p354785
2014 - 178 films seen! List: http://www.fmuk.org.uk/forum/viewtopic. ... 20#p321617
2013 - 104 films seen!
2012 - 103 films seen
2011 - 110 films seen
2010 - 82 films seen
2009 - 72 films seen
2008 - 41 films seen
- Beate
- The Modfather (& Three-Time Prediction Master!)

- Posts: 22013
- Joined: Fri Jun 19, 2009 4:26 pm
- Old post count: 6588
- Preferred Cinemas: West India Quay, Greenwich, Surrey Quays + Central London (Vue Islington, Apollo, Odeon Covent Garden, Cine Haymarket, Leicester Sq/West End)
- Location: London
- Contact:
Re: New Year's Eve
"A towering inferno of awfulness"elski wrote:from the guardian for the review collection
http://www.guardian.co.uk/film/2011/dec ... ilm-review
