The Book thread
- raj101
- 8 1/2

- Posts: 6508
- Joined: Mon Mar 01, 2010 12:08 am
- Old post count: 0
- Preferred Cinemas: kingston, wimbledon, wandsworth, fulham
Re: The Book thread
reading - Clash of Kings, you know. this goes on forever, its all good though, gets my eyes in condition for impending studies.
trying to finish Salmon Fishing in the Yemen.
trying to finish Salmon Fishing in the Yemen.
fav 5 films of the year - Tenet, Bill n Ted 3, Invisible Man, JoJo Rabbit, ?
-
Diane65
- 8 1/2

- Posts: 6167
- Joined: Fri Jun 19, 2009 4:54 pm
- Old post count: 0
- Preferred Cinemas: Trafford Centre. The Printworks, Manchester. The Lowry, Salford Quays. Parrswood, Didsbury.Cineworld, Stockport.
- I have tickets for: Lovely Bones and Kick Ass
- Location: Manchester
Re: The Book thread
2 books at onceraj101 wrote:reading - Clash of Kings, you know. this goes on forever, its all good though, gets my eyes in condition for impending studies.
trying to finish Salmon Fishing in the Yemen.

- Rainey
- Se7en

- Posts: 3602
- Joined: Mon Jul 19, 2010 10:05 pm
- Old post count: 0
- Preferred Cinemas: Torquay, Paignton, Exeter, Plymouth
- Location: Devon
Re: The Book thread
I don't get much chance to read at the moment, but seeing as for the past week my Facebook news feed has been constantly filled with references to Mr Grey and it seems to be the topic of choice amongst the mums in the school playground I decided I had to see what all the fuss was about and download a copy of Fifty Shades of Grey .
Well what can I say, Mr Grey is very naughty
and they are planning on making this into a film!

Well what can I say, Mr Grey is very naughty
Preferred Cinema's now Paignton or Exeter!
- bridgemoose
- Air Force One

- Posts: 20
- Joined: Mon May 28, 2012 3:44 pm
- Old post count: 0
- Preferred Cinemas: Dundee Cineworld or Odeon
- Location: Perthshire
Re: The Book thread
I too am currently reading about Mr Grey's exploits and have to say, it's quite the education!!!!!!!
- tilly
- 9 1/2 Weeks

- Posts: 20142
- Joined: Sat Oct 03, 2009 8:35 am
- Old post count: 0
- Preferred Cinemas: Beckenham,croydon grants, central london,streatham, Wimbledon, shepherds bush,
- Location: London
Re: The Book thread
I also want to b*y it but seems out of stock 
Member 64 of the "100 free films in 2013" club. 25 seen 75 to go
Member 64 of the "100 free films in 2012" club. 27 seen 73 to go
Member 66 of the "100 free films in 2011" club. 24 seen 76 to go
Cinema preferences: beckenham, croydon grants, central London
streatham, Wimbledon, O2
and at as a last resort wandsworth and shepherds bush
Member 64 of the "100 free films in 2012" club. 27 seen 73 to go
Member 66 of the "100 free films in 2011" club. 24 seen 76 to go
Cinema preferences: beckenham, croydon grants, central London
streatham, Wimbledon, O2
and at as a last resort wandsworth and shepherds bush
- raj101
- 8 1/2

- Posts: 6508
- Joined: Mon Mar 01, 2010 12:08 am
- Old post count: 0
- Preferred Cinemas: kingston, wimbledon, wandsworth, fulham
Re: The Book thread
didnt think people read Archers anymore. Salmons a good book, but the film makes it feel a bit padded.Diane65 wrote:2 books at onceraj101 wrote:reading - Clash of Kings, you know. this goes on forever, its all good though, gets my eyes in condition for impending studies.
trying to finish Salmon Fishing in the Yemen.I'm just about to start "Only Time Will Tell" which is Part 1 of 5 Clifton Chronicles so I'll be reading these forever but I'm really looking forward to starting it tonight
fav 5 films of the year - Tenet, Bill n Ted 3, Invisible Man, JoJo Rabbit, ?
-
aruif
Re: The Book thread
in the last two weeks i've read:
50 Shades, 50 shades darker, 50 shades freed, i've got your number, bared to you and now i'm reading monday to friday man.
never read so much so quickly in all my life. they must be very short books.
50 Shades, 50 shades darker, 50 shades freed, i've got your number, bared to you and now i'm reading monday to friday man.
never read so much so quickly in all my life. they must be very short books.
- weliveandbreathewords
- Se7en

- Posts: 2803
- Joined: Thu Aug 26, 2010 9:24 am
- Old post count: 0
- Preferred Cinemas: Any Birmingham
- Location: Birmingham
Re: The Book thread
Just finished Department 19: The Rising, almost cried when I found that the third one isnt out till March next year :'(
Turns out I was reading it that furiously that my kindle broke...(got a replacement though) so I had to finish reading the rest on my tablet(lucky the bf gave it me early!)
MR.G, I was on the ball with skullduggery pleasant and you! I IMPLORE you to read this book! Department 19> Department 19: The rising.
I demand you do!

Turns out I was reading it that furiously that my kindle broke...(got a replacement though) so I had to finish reading the rest on my tablet(lucky the bf gave it me early!)
MR.G, I was on the ball with skullduggery pleasant and you! I IMPLORE you to read this book! Department 19> Department 19: The rising.
I demand you do!
Shadowhunters: Looking better in black than the widows of our enemies since 1234.
I am, after all, what you made me.
Formerly known as rawr_xoxo
Member No. 48 of the "100 free films in 2015" club. 35 SEEN!
Member No. 48 of the "100 free films in 2014" club. 34 SEEN!
Member No. 48 of the "100 free films in 2013" club. 120 SEEN!
Member No. 48 of the "100 free films in 2012" club. 111 SEEN.
Member No. 48 of the "100 free films in 2011" club. 77 SEEN.
I will be seeing:
I am, after all, what you made me.
Formerly known as rawr_xoxo
Member No. 48 of the "100 free films in 2015" club. 35 SEEN!
Member No. 48 of the "100 free films in 2014" club. 34 SEEN!
Member No. 48 of the "100 free films in 2013" club. 120 SEEN!
Member No. 48 of the "100 free films in 2012" club. 111 SEEN.
Member No. 48 of the "100 free films in 2011" club. 77 SEEN.
I will be seeing:
-
missymoo28
Re: The Book thread
I have been reading the "Pretty Little Liars" series. First few were pretty easy reads but now onto number 5 book Killers and its getting boring.
I've also read the first few in the "Weather Wardens" hard to get into the series but by book 3 I was hooked, going back to them after finished pretty little liars.
I also read the first in the Gone series by Micheal Grant as it was recommended to me by a friend, it was pretty good and apparently being made into a film however I don't know how true that is. But I will probably read the rest of the series at some point as I like to read the wholes series of things lol
I've also read the first few in the "Weather Wardens" hard to get into the series but by book 3 I was hooked, going back to them after finished pretty little liars.
I also read the first in the Gone series by Micheal Grant as it was recommended to me by a friend, it was pretty good and apparently being made into a film however I don't know how true that is. But I will probably read the rest of the series at some point as I like to read the wholes series of things lol
- canadian_turtle
- 9 1/2 Weeks

- Posts: 11405
- Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:40 am
- Old post count: 0
- Preferred Cinemas: Wood Green, Islington, West End/Soho, Camden, Holloway, Hackney
- Location: Under my duvet
- Contact:
Re: The Book thread
You have very similar tastes to me! I've read all PLL books, but not in a row just when they came out but I do agree they become repetitive/boring.
I've not read Weather Warden but I love that author's other series: The Morganville Vampires.
And I've read the Gone series too which is pretty good (though I think the Maze Runner trilogy, which is similar, is a lot better).
I've not read Weather Warden but I love that author's other series: The Morganville Vampires.
And I've read the Gone series too which is pretty good (though I think the Maze Runner trilogy, which is similar, is a lot better).
• Cinemas in order of preference: West End/Central London, Wood Green, Islington, Finchley Road
• (32/2014, 81/2013, 95/2012, 76/2011)