Chat about anything
-
canadian_turtle
- 9 1/2 Weeks

- Posts: 11405
- Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:40 am
- Old post count: 0
- Preferred Cinemas: Wood Green, Islington, West End/Soho, Camden, Holloway, Hackney
- Location: Under my duvet
-
Contact:
#561
Post
by canadian_turtle » Fri Feb 03, 2012 7:25 am
andrews wrote:OH has spotted a trailer for Homeland on Channel 4. Does anyone know whether this is worth a look? Has anyone seen/heard anything about this American series? Thanks.
canadian_turtle wrote:Went to the screening of the first episode of Homeland at Bafta headquarters and surprisingly really enjoyed it. I read an brief summary of the episode online beforehand and it didn't sound all that interesting to me, but the show really managed to capture my attention and keep it. Meaning I now have yet another show I want to catch up with (and I am behind on my shows as it is!).
The Q/A afterwards with Damian Lewis and David Harewood was good too. A bit long and I just hate people who ask a question by first rambling on forever about themselves (not even related to the question) but Damian was funny and they provided some interesting tid bits about the show without spoiling it for those audience members (read: me) who haven't downloaded the whole first series yet.
8/10
Thanks Valda for the great company!

-
andrews
- 8 1/2

- Posts: 5628
- Joined: Fri Jun 19, 2009 4:36 pm
- Old post count: 1939
- Preferred Cinemas: In order of preference: MetroCentre-Gateshead, Boldon, Gateshead Trinity Square, Newcastle, Middlesbrough, and Tyneside Cinema
- Location: Durham
-
David
- The Fifth Element

- Posts: 605
- Joined: Tue Jan 18, 2011 11:30 pm
- Old post count: 0
#563
Post
by David » Fri Feb 03, 2012 11:07 am
I watched the first 3 episodes of Homeland and stopped. It was perfectly good but when there's just other stuff I'd prefer to watch and it didn't completely grip me. I'd still say give it a go.
My Film Review Blog
Member No. 66 of the "100 free films in 2013" club. 65 seen, 35 to go.
Member No. 66 of the "100 free films in 2012" club. 80 seen.
-
hopeprince
- The Sixth Sense

- Posts: 1686
- Joined: Tue Mar 01, 2011 2:54 pm
- Old post count: 0
- Preferred Cinemas: Stratford East PH, Vue Stratford City, Greenwich (The O2, PH and Odeon), Islington, Ilford, WIQ, Holloway Road, Wood Green and anything east or central London.
- Location: London
#564
Post
by hopeprince » Mon Feb 06, 2012 11:00 am
David wrote:I watched the first 3 episodes of Homeland and stopped. It was perfectly good but when there's just other stuff I'd prefer to watch and it didn't completely grip me. I'd still say give it a go.
Got the same feeling too. I don't even think I finished episode 3 but I have been loving with Suits on Dave.
Member No. 26 of the "100 free films in 2013" club.
29 seen in 2013
77 seen in 2012
101 seen in 2011
Cinemas in order of preference: Stratford East PH, Vue Stratford City, Greenwich (The O2, PH and Odeon), Islington, Ilford, WIQ, Holloway Road, Piccadilly Circus and anything east or central London.
-
anteena1
- The Third Man

- Posts: 177
- Joined: Mon Jun 22, 2009 6:44 pm
#565
Post
by anteena1 » Mon Feb 06, 2012 2:41 pm
hello all.
i just wanted to mention a home improvement programe that was on last year. The renovation game, its daytime tv on channel 4.
The concept is that they spend £3k on your house but have to make the house price increase by £15k or the team do not get pa*d. They have just started makeing their new series and they have just completed my house - omg its lovely. cant tell u the result, anyway i mention it as they are looking for more homes so if you are interested email to this address
renovationgame@presentable.com. they will email back with a form to fill in.
-
canadian_turtle
- 9 1/2 Weeks

- Posts: 11405
- Joined: Thu Dec 02, 2010 9:40 am
- Old post count: 0
- Preferred Cinemas: Wood Green, Islington, West End/Soho, Camden, Holloway, Hackney
- Location: Under my duvet
-
Contact:
#566
Post
by canadian_turtle » Wed Feb 15, 2012 11:46 am
Johnny Lee Miller has been cast as Holmes in the US remake of Sherlock Holmes "Elementary". Awkward considering he and Cumberbatch alternated the roles of Victor Frankenstein and his Creature at the National Theatre last year. Will they be alternating their roles as US and UK Sherlock too?

Last edited by
canadian_turtle on Wed Feb 15, 2012 12:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.
-
Flabber
- Phase IV

- Posts: 349
- Joined: Wed Nov 17, 2010 2:04 pm
- Old post count: 0
- Preferred Cinemas: Cinemas in order of preference: All central London, North Finchley, Holloway, Enfield
#567
Post
by Flabber » Wed Feb 15, 2012 12:32 pm
David wrote:I watched the first 3 episodes of Homeland and stopped. It was perfectly good but when there's just other stuff I'd prefer to watch and it didn't completely grip me. I'd still say give it a go.
Heard this is pretty heavy/hectic...

Disce quasi semper victurus; vive quasi cras moriturus
-
raj101
- 8 1/2

- Posts: 6508
- Joined: Mon Mar 01, 2010 12:08 am
- Old post count: 0
- Preferred Cinemas: kingston, wimbledon, wandsworth, fulham
#568
Post
by raj101 » Fri Feb 17, 2012 12:02 am
weeell a lot of the charm has gone from Being Human. Annie is annoying now, as is George lol. The show seems to be masquarading as a bad episode of Doctor Who now.
fav 5 films of the year - Tenet, Bill n Ted 3, Invisible Man, JoJo Rabbit, ?
-
Mesa7719
#569
Post
by Mesa7719 » Fri Feb 17, 2012 2:30 pm
The Walking Dead starts again tonight!
-
ZoeBanfield
- Phase IV

- Posts: 226
- Joined: Wed Nov 17, 2010 2:42 pm
- Old post count: 0
- Preferred Cinemas: Greenwich, West India Quay, Surrey Quays, Central London (Haymarket/West End/Covent Garden etc)
#570
Post
by ZoeBanfield » Fri Feb 17, 2012 2:31 pm
Homeland looks good, so will give it a try :)