Weight Watchers

Chat about anything
Post Reply
Message
Author
User avatar
Preston1990
The Sixth Sense
The Sixth Sense
Posts: 1180
Joined: Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:45 pm
Old post count: 0
Preferred Cinemas: In order of preference - Metrocentre Gateshead, Silverlink, Newcastle, Tyneside Cinema, Boldon.
I have tickets for: What to Expect When You are Expecting.
Location: North East

Re: Weight Watchers

#6231 Post by Preston1990 » Tue Sep 06, 2016 4:12 pm

valda wrote:Weigh in today and another 2lbs lost.

Oh well done, Valda!! That is fantastic news :cheer:
valda wrote:So I've come to realise my downfall is Free Stuff.
In a way that is similar to me. If I had access to free stuff I'd be horrendous, my downfall is the heavily reduced stuff in Waitrose - My less than £3 (when it should have been £7) Chocolate cake, my 35p Cheese Boule loaf (normally £2+) and my 9 pence pain au chocolat. I can't walk away from the bargains even when they are not the right thing to be having. :wall:

I always use less than half of the suggested grilling time for stuff when cooking it in my Geo Foreman. The logic being it is getting cooked from two sides at once. You've got to keep a close eye on it though, sometimes my tuna steaks taste like dry leather. I've never had anything taste like carpet mind 8O Well not yet anyway :rolleyes:

I've done a few classes this morning: Spinning, Pilates and Body Attack. I've another Spinning class lined up for this evening along with mega amusing Freestyle Step where my incompetence always has me in stitches. :D

Diane65
8 1/2
8 1/2
Posts: 6167
Joined: Fri Jun 19, 2009 4:54 pm
Old post count: 0
Preferred Cinemas: Trafford Centre. The Printworks, Manchester. The Lowry, Salford Quays. Parrswood, Didsbury.Cineworld, Stockport.
I have tickets for: Lovely Bones and Kick Ass
Location: Manchester

Re: Weight Watchers

#6232 Post by Diane65 » Tue Sep 06, 2016 8:19 pm

Well done Valda you are doing good girlfriend o/

Well done Preston1990 on your exercise regime I am impressed. I have just done my 2 visits so only just got in. I find it easier to visit both on the same evening as although late it means that I have more free time as go straight from one to the next (if that makes sense so only visiting 3 evenings as opposed to 6). I am just working until 5.30pm tomorrow so can definitely fit in exercise tomorrow evening. Drinking lots of water again so slowly getting back into it.
Image

User avatar
Preston1990
The Sixth Sense
The Sixth Sense
Posts: 1180
Joined: Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:45 pm
Old post count: 0
Preferred Cinemas: In order of preference - Metrocentre Gateshead, Silverlink, Newcastle, Tyneside Cinema, Boldon.
I have tickets for: What to Expect When You are Expecting.
Location: North East

Re: Weight Watchers

#6233 Post by Preston1990 » Sat Sep 10, 2016 11:22 pm

EXERCISE
EAT
SLEEP
REPEAT

User avatar
Yinster
Prediction Master
Prediction Master
Posts: 4337
Joined: Tue Jan 25, 2011 3:33 pm
Old post count: 0
Preferred Cinemas: Glasgow, Edinburgh and anything in between
Location: In Bed

Re: Weight Watchers

#6234 Post by Yinster » Sun Sep 11, 2016 9:10 am

Preston1990 wrote:EXERCISE
EAT
SLEEP
REPEAT
You could have done Sleep, Eat, Exercise, Repeat and then it SEER could be the acronym.

Well done in all in trying. I think you need to stop thinking you are failing if you straying from the path you have chosen and instead think of it like you just done a wee detour. It is not a race. It is a journey.
Member 88 of 100 free films in 2017 - 2 seen
Member 88 of 100 free films in 2016 - 8 seen
Member 88 of 100 free films in 2015 - 27 seen
Member 88 of 100 free films in 2014 - 47 seen
]Member 88 of 100 free films in 2013 - 82 seen
Member 88 of 100 free films in 2012 - 62 seen
Preference of cinemas:- 1. Glasgow Renfield Street Cineworld, 2. Glasgow Showcase, 3. Braehead Odeon, 4. Vue Fort, 5 Glasgow Springfield Quay, 5. any other cinema in Glasgow area including Hamilton
Also Falkirk, Dunfermline and Stirling but these are rarely used for free previews.

jojojoanne
Se7en
Se7en
Posts: 2115
Joined: Sat Sep 03, 2011 3:04 pm
Old post count: 0

Re: Weight Watchers

#6235 Post by jojojoanne » Sun Sep 11, 2016 10:19 am

Yinster wrote:

Well done in all in trying. I think you need to stop thinking you are failing if you straying from the path you have chosen and instead think of it like you just done a wee detour. It is not a race. It is a journey.

Well Said, Yinster!!

Diane65
8 1/2
8 1/2
Posts: 6167
Joined: Fri Jun 19, 2009 4:54 pm
Old post count: 0
Preferred Cinemas: Trafford Centre. The Printworks, Manchester. The Lowry, Salford Quays. Parrswood, Didsbury.Cineworld, Stockport.
I have tickets for: Lovely Bones and Kick Ass
Location: Manchester

Re: Weight Watchers

#6236 Post by Diane65 » Sun Sep 11, 2016 11:00 pm

jojojoanne wrote:
Yinster wrote:

Well done in all in trying. I think you need to stop thinking you are failing if you straying from the path you have chosen and instead think of it like you just done a wee detour. It is not a race. It is a journey.

Well Said, Yinster!!
Thanks ladies. The lack of posts from me speaks volumes. :oops: :noo:
Hope everyone else is being good.
Image

Diane65
8 1/2
8 1/2
Posts: 6167
Joined: Fri Jun 19, 2009 4:54 pm
Old post count: 0
Preferred Cinemas: Trafford Centre. The Printworks, Manchester. The Lowry, Salford Quays. Parrswood, Didsbury.Cineworld, Stockport.
I have tickets for: Lovely Bones and Kick Ass
Location: Manchester

Re: Weight Watchers

#6237 Post by Diane65 » Mon Sep 12, 2016 6:47 am

I have actually put on 2lb as was my DD birthday and she had 3 friends staying so ate way too much cake.
Image

asamaic
The Sixth Sense
The Sixth Sense
Posts: 1863
Joined: Fri May 25, 2012 8:04 am
Old post count: 0
Preferred Cinemas: Vue West End, Cineworld Haymarket, Odeon West End, Odeon Leicester Square, Empire Leicester Square, Cineworld Shaftesbury Avenue, Odeon Panton Street - followed by anywhere in central(ish) London like Vue Islington.
Location: London

Re: Weight Watchers

#6238 Post by asamaic » Mon Sep 12, 2016 8:48 am

Right, I'm back.

I've put on loads of weight due to a sprained ankle (May-ish, I think, it feels like I've had this injury forever) and being unable to walk. I still don't have the full range of movement back, but this weekend my physio has cleared me to attempt my first parkrun in months. Run-walking with the emphasis on walking but hey, it's progress.

Sod the excuses. I'm doing this.

I've set up my replacement FitBit and fixed the sync problem so I can now log food in MFP (I couldn't previously).

More from me later, but I am joining you guys again.

Let's do this!
Preferred cinemas:
Vue West End, Cineworld Haymarket, Odeon West End, Odeon Leicester Square, Empire Leicester Square, Cineworld O2, Cineworld Shaftesbury Avenue and Odeon Panton Street, followed by anywhere in central(ish) London.

User avatar
Preston1990
The Sixth Sense
The Sixth Sense
Posts: 1180
Joined: Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:45 pm
Old post count: 0
Preferred Cinemas: In order of preference - Metrocentre Gateshead, Silverlink, Newcastle, Tyneside Cinema, Boldon.
I have tickets for: What to Expect When You are Expecting.
Location: North East

Re: Weight Watchers

#6239 Post by Preston1990 » Mon Sep 12, 2016 10:14 pm

Well at my first official weigh-day back on FMUK (this time) I can report that I've maintained over the week. Neither gaining nor losing any weight. o/

It's what I expected really, as although I've done a fair bit of exercise, I've also eaten a fair amount of inappropriate yet scrummy food. I'm fairly relaxed about it all really and know that if I'd displayed a bit more self control I could have easily shed a couple of pounds. :D

But hey, it's been sunny and warm and I have in my freezer a stock of delicious ice cream which has my name on it. I have chocolate cake too - Life is good, I feel the fittest I've been for years and my waist size is the smallest its been since my late teens. OK I'm still technically overweight by about a stone, but I feel in control, and at the moment I'm taking a "wee detour from my chosen path" à la Yinster. Let's see what next week brings. ;)

It's really lovely to see Asamaic rejoining our little band once again - good luck with your return to parkrunning! Take it easy at first with the injury though. :nono:

Don't sweat about a few slices of cake Diane. It's not possible to celebrate a birthday properly without it. :D

Waitrose are doing boxes of four Cornettos for a pound at the moment and when I was in there on my way home from the leisure centre today they called out to me, so I b*ght a box of the strawberry ones. I'm off to test one now. ;)

Be happy everyone. :D

User avatar
Preston1990
The Sixth Sense
The Sixth Sense
Posts: 1180
Joined: Wed Aug 26, 2009 12:45 pm
Old post count: 0
Preferred Cinemas: In order of preference - Metrocentre Gateshead, Silverlink, Newcastle, Tyneside Cinema, Boldon.
I have tickets for: What to Expect When You are Expecting.
Location: North East

Re: Weight Watchers

#6240 Post by Preston1990 » Mon Sep 12, 2016 10:49 pm

Preston1990 wrote:Waitrose are doing boxes of four Cornettos for a pound at the moment and when I was in there on my way home from the leisure centre today they called out to me, so I b*ght a box of the strawberry ones. I'm off to test one now. ;)
Just reporting back on my Cornetto....... delicious, but they seem a lot smaller than I remember :confused: .....or maybe it's me that's bigger ;) :roll:

Post Reply